Dumpling cooking instructions
Prawn, pork and chicken dumplings
1. Fill a large pot two-thirds of the way with water. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil and 1 tsp salt. Turn the stove up to high.
2. Bring to the boil. Add your frozen dumplings (never defrost them beforehand). Make sure you don’t overfill the pot. Rather cook them in two batches to avoid overcrowding. Give the dumplings a quick swirl and put the lid on.
3. Once the water boils again, add 1 cup cold water. Repeat this process once more, leaving the lid off.
4. Drain the dumplings and drizzle them with sesame oil or any cooking oil.
Pro tip: Use lots of water, keep the heat on high and stir as little as possible.
1. Line Steamer with parchment paper or coat with a bit of oil to prevent sticking.
2. Cook dumplings in steamer on medium heat for 6min..
Pro-tip. Slice large carrots into thin discs and use them in place of parchment paper to prevent dumplings from sticking to the steamer.
Dipping sauce: Classic
For the full Home Bao experience, enjoy your dumplings or potstickers with our signature dipping sauce.
Simply mix your complimentary flavour pack (found in every box of potstickers) with the following: 3 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp sesame oil.
Potsticker cooking instructions
1. Coat a non-stick pan with cooking oil. Turn the stove up to high.
2. Mix together 1 cup cold water, 1 tbsp cornflour, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp cooking oil.
3. When the pan is smoking hot, add your frozen potstickers. Space them out in a single layer.
4. Pour the cornflour mixture into the pan. There should be enough liquid to cover the bases of the potstickers. Immediately put on the lid.
5. Wait for roughly 5 minutes and take the lid off. Most of the cornflour mixture should have evaporated by this stage. Wait a few minutes
longer until the remaining mixture forms a beautiful golden-brown lace around the potstickers.
6. Position a dinner plate over the pan and quickly flip the pan upside down to transfer the potstickers to the plate.
Pro tip: Make sure your pan is non-stick with a lid – preferably one you can see through.
If you dont have cornstarch then replace it with wheat flour.
Spring roll cooking instructions
1. Heat enough vegetable oil in a pan for shallow-frying. (Preferably use coconut or sunflower oil, as they have a high smoke point.)
2. When the oil is hot, gently lower the spring rolls into the pan, spacing them out in a single layer. Turn down the stove to low.
3. Cook for 6–7 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain.
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Lightly coat the spring rolls with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Place on the baking tray, spacing them out in a single layer.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
Dipping sauce: Green Aioli
Enjoy your crispy spring rolls with Home Bao's complimentary Green Aioli dipping sauce. Simply bring it to room temperature and dip away.
If you need more sauce, please make use of the option to add on an additional packet when placing your order.